gifts + more
gifts + more
how to buy • sell • trade
what we do + how we do it
- we pay the highest percentages of any clothing exchange store
- we pay 35% cash or 55% store credit of the price tags that we apply to your items
- you do not wait for your items to sell before you receive your money, you get cash or trade on the spot
- we buy, sell, and trade vintage and modern clothing, shoes, and accessories, with the public
- no appointments, just walk in
- you can choose to watch us buy from you, or drop off and shop or return later for your convenience.
- we buy according to demand, condition, and inventory levels.
- we require government issued id to sell. information is confidential and is never shared with outside parties nor is it ever used for promotional reasons
when to sell + how much to bring
- we buy 7 days a week, without appointments, up until 1/2 hour before closing
- we want all of your re-sellable merchandise, however, we encourage no more than 4 large bags
yes we will donate your items
- items left by customers for drop off must be claimed by the customer before closing the same business day.
- items not selected for resale will be donated to charity if not picked up by the customer on the same day that they are dropped off.
- we regret that we cannot store dropped off items for a longer period of time, however, this is due to the large volume of clothing that we receive on a daily basis.
- all items not selected for resale can be donated to charity as a service to our customers
where the donated merchandise goes
- FDNY family assistance unit (FAU). items they collect from us are sold at not for profit thrift stores and money donated to benefit FAU. the fau assists FDNY families when there is a death, accident, or serious illness. 501(c)(3) verified.
- garage sales against violence. 140-21 31st rd #2b, flushing, ny 11354. assists larger non-profits such as horizons, and women with cause, in bringing goods and much needed counseling services to their clients who have been displaced due to abuse. because of displacement, clients are in need of clothing and assistance. gsav maintains a storage closet that provides the ability to dress distressed people of all shapes and sizes on short notice 501(c)(3) verified.
- dominick's mobile ministry. a not-for-profit mobile service established in 1995, which distributes customer clothing to the needy, homeless, and to churches throughout new york and pennsylvania. items are both given away directly to individuals, and sometimes sold with a request for donations, to pay for this not-for-profit's operational expenses. this clothing is distributed through churches and through the mobile unit. any proceeds which this charity collects go toward fulfilling the mission of its own organization. director, joseph dominick.
January 23, 2015
closet connection - styled by alta & rachel
beacon’s buyers, alta and rachel are best friends with compatibly playful, yet personal styles. this duo takes us to a few of their favorite hang spots, including manhattan three decker diner, rite aid, and each others' closets.
January 19, 2015
we’re dazzled by a flashy accessory. this week's golden rule.
January 14, 2015
"faking it: originals, copies, and counterfeits" at FIT
the fashion institute of technology takes you through the history of counterfeiting, one dress at a time.
January 12, 2015
submerge yourself in a deep sea of indigo and ultramarine hues. dive right in...